Newman Pastures - A Family Farm on South Whidbey Island in the Puget SoundAvailable Now:
· Pastured turkey. Taking reservations now for Thanksgiving.
· Pastured eggs. Come to our farm stand at 2100 Newman Rd, Langley, WA to pick up a dozen! Fed local, certified organic feed and living out on rotated pasture. $5.00 per dozen.
· Piglets. We have piglets for sale! They are a cross of American Guinea Hogs and Kune Kune, both of which are small, foraging breeds of pigs. They will eat more forage than typical commercial pigs. This should lead to a sweeter tasting meat and higher quality fat.
· Turkey Poults. Bourbon Red and Bourbon Red x Narragansett baby turkeys. Hatched on-farm. $10 each.
· Black sheep fleece. We have a lovely flock of Black Welsh Mountain Sheep. We have a handful of raw fleeces available. $25 per fleece (about 4 pounds of raw fleece).
Coming soon: (subscribe to the newsletter for updates)
· Pasture raised chickens. We will soon be starting our pasture-raised broilers. Chickens thrive outside, which results in a happier chicken and better meat.
· Pasture raised turkey. The turkeys have started hatching, so this fall we should have delicious turkey, including the famed Bourbon Red breed turkey.
Newman Pastures is a 37-acre family farm situated just south of Freeland, Washington on Whidbey Island. We raise pastured chickens, pastured eggs, grass-fed lamb, turkeys, goats, fruits and vegetables. We are a pasture-centered farm, which means that we focus first on the health and quality of our soils and native perennial grasses and then enjoy the bounty of human food that our soil yields. The result is a farm that is sustainable and ecologically sound, and food that just tastes better.
Where can I find food from Newman Pastures?The best way is to come right to our farm stand located at 2100 Newman Rd, Langley, WA 98260. Newman Road curves off State Highway 525 about a mile south of Freeland. Our farm is visible from Highway 525. It's the large grassy expanse at the intersection of the highway and Double Bluff Road.
Things we like
- Fresh air and sunshine for the animals